Monday, June 17, 2013

Password Strength: Not Good

My children got iPads for Christmas.  They love them (shocker), and there are a lot of great apps for their age group.  I periodically download new games for them to play - and usually, these games cost under $3.  I recently made the mistake of letting my little ones watch me enter my password while making a purchase on iTunes.  Surely, they wouldn't bother to remember it, right?  Wrong.  Did you even know that you could spend upwards of one hundred dollars on extra content for Cake Doodle and Candy Maker?  For this kind of investment, I hope at least one of them is a budding Sara Lee or Milton Hershey.  So keep that password private and beware the in-app purchases.  I learned this one the hard way.

As a corollary to this story, I must share another funny one that serves no real purpose other than to make you laugh - and, perhaps, to make you realize that our kids pay more attention to us than we think they do.  After the Cake Doodle/Candy Maker debacle, I informed my girls that I changed my password to something impenetrable, something rock solid.  Boy, were they were mad.  One of them quickly grabbed my iPhone and announced to Siri: "I need help figuring out my mommy's computer password."  

I couldn't make up this stuff if I tried.

   


1 comment: