Friday, June 14, 2013

Welcome!




Welcome to my blog about motherhood, "Confessions of a Harvard Mommy."  It is something I have wanted to create since my children were infants, but time – and fear, perhaps – kept me from putting the pen to the paper (or my fingers to the keyboard, as the case may be).  After finishing Who Moved My Cheese, by Spencer Johnson, my mindset changed.  In the parable, which was simple but very inspiring, a question was posed, “What would you do if you were not afraid?”  Well, lots of things, but starting a blog was in my top ten and it seemed more immediately appealing than swimming with sharks or jumping out of an airplane.  So, here I am.  

The title of the blog is not a misnomer.  I received my undergraduate degree with honors from Harvard (and a juris doctor from Georgetown), and fully intend to confess to you the things that happen on this journey of motherhood that are amusing, surprising, bewildering and, at times, overwhelming.  Because, quite simply, despite my education, some of the most important lessons I have learned in my life have been from my twin daughters.  At five years old, they have taught me so much from the sweet to the serious, the simple to the arcane – not to mention some killer knock-knock jokes.  


I want to write these lessons down for myself and for other parents out there, but for my children, too.  I suppose I hold onto this idea that when they are older, they will cherish their mother's decades-old sentiments about what she learned from her children. A girl can dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment